Summer is really close... Can you feel it? Sure, the sun keeps disappearing but we're in the home stretch and soon I won't be the only one smelling like coconut hand cream & suntan lotion. We will shed our layers of clothes and put our coats in storage and free our feet from sox and tights! Oh how dreamy! Of course, when I think summer, I think accessories... sunglasses, shoes, bags, scents and the like. When it's hot, it's all about the little details. Hungry Husband has a love/hate relationship with shopping (like most men) and he has his own "unique" style (kind of a modern twist of urban/downtown Winston Churchill). I know that sounds a tad crazy but somehow he brings it all together to look pretty polished and put together. Of course, I do have to roll my eyes, mock him mercilessly when he says he needs a walking stick (cane) and a pipe. Ummmm. Seriously? When I asked him when he'd use the cane, he said, "for evening events of course." I laughed so hard, I was crying. [Note: a friend was quick to remind me that Scott Disick of the Kardashian fame was bringing the walking stick back in fashion.] Hmmmm. Still a big, fat NO. Instead of a walking stick or a pipe, here are my top must haves for him and her this summer. Hopefully, HH will get the hint...
1. Goop-Gwyneth-approved T-shirts for men & women from SaturdaysNYC. I love this one. Fun & hip.
2. Can this be any sexier? and it doesn't look like a torture device. Orange Crush for sure. I'm told you can find at Top Shop (in store).
3. Raen's Lenox (unfortunately it's sold out). I love a classic Ray-Ban but this RAEN version is a great alternative for men. Can't beat a classic black.
4 and 5. J. Crew and Timex teamed up to create functional yet stylish arm candy. Although this navy military style is for men, I think it looks way better on women. The classic Timex leather strap watch is much more stylish for a man going from the boardroom to the bar.
6. I'm in love with Raen's Volta. It isn't sold out and is an affordable choice for the tortoise-lovers like me.
7. There is nothing that I can say other than: LOVE. WANT. NEED. This fantastic tote from Anya Hindmarch makes me happy just looking at it. I can't wait to get my hands on this.
8. Hungry Husband loves his Cole Haan Air Jasper Oxfords. They are comfy and cool. Good with a suit and shorts. But this winged tip version takes it a step further.
9. Beach bum must have: J. Crew surf shorts. They come in different lengths (thankfully no speedo option) and fun patterns. Can't resist a dude in a nautical look.
10. Summer is the time to have that invisible signature and Terre D'Hermes is a fantastic scent for the man in your life.
11. I fell in love with Chloe while in NYC this year and picked it as my new daily scent. It's floral and fresh without being overwhelmingly sweet.
12. You may think I'm crazy but I love using a nightshirt as a beach cover up. Easy to put on and take off. Always the perfect length. Soft and cozy. Masculine yet sexy. You really don't need anything elaborate. I picked up a version from Joe Fresh but here is one from J. Crew.
So... get ready for summer... Environment Canada is predicting a scorcher... Good thing we finally replaced our A/C unit. Stay sunny!